Sunday, January 19, 2014

No. 368 The Allium Collection


The Allium Collection
Oil on Linen Panel
5" x 7"


Ooooooh, so that's why everyone likes to paint onions! I had a blast painting these. The luminosity of the green onions, the beautiful variation of color in the purple onion and shallot - all characteristics I love so much in flowers. Who knew?

Starting your own Painting a Day Challenge: Step 3 Where?
Okay, you've found the time, decided your media and format, and now where will you paint? If you are fortunate enough to have your own studio this isn't an issue. For the rest of us, it takes a little thought and preparation and possibly some clever persuasion of family members. I started in my kitchen, moved to the shed in the backyard and am currently on the dining room table. If you can find a spot where you don't have to tear down everyday that is tremendously helpful. In the end it pays to be flexible. My little pochade box has kept me flexible. But I'll talk more about that in another post....


4 comments:

  1. These are so nicely done - I can tell you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! It's a small world. I was just enjoying your blog yesterday. Love the still lifes you've been painting! Especially those radishes. :)

      Delete
  2. Just found you Susan, and wow! You just finished 365 daily paintings! Bravo! They are amazing! I am going to go through your older posts. Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Srishti! Thank you also for taking the time to look at my posts and comment. It's greatly appreciated!

      Delete