Saturday, January 18, 2014

No. 367 Amaryllis with Brass Pitcher


Amaryllis with Brass Pitcher
Oil on Linen Panel

Still having a good time with those Amaryllis flowers. 

Step 2 to create your own daily painting practice: Choose your format/medium.
Once you've decided how to carve out time to paint each day your ready for the next step. How much time did you find? An hour, two or more? If you have only an hour you will probably have to paint in a looser style. A lot depends on how fast you work. I have a photo realistic watercolor style I like to use but I simply didn't have the time to complete a painting a day with that method. So I went with a looser style of oil painting instead. Size makes a difference in how fast a painting is completed too. You will find most daily paintings are either 6" x 6" or 5" x 7".

Carol Marine, a very famous daily painter, has a tutorial on daily painting.  I finally believed this daily painting thing could work after reading about her process. If you would like to read it too, click here. Look for the artbyte titled Carol Marine: My Take on Daily Painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment