Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 124 - Painting in the Snow

Friday morning I peered out the window in shock. Snow? How could it be? Today was the day I was supposed to drive to Whidbey Island and co-facilitate the first plein air paint out of 2013. Have I ever told you how much I dislike driving in the snow? I used to reserve vacation days specifically for snow days. A true perk of being a stay at home mom is that I don't have to drive anywhere on a snow day. Oh the things I will do for my plein air group. So I packed up and headed off. It's March for Pete's sake, how much snow could there be? I made it to the middle of the island before I gave up and hid in a grocery store for a few hours. It did finally stop and I was able to meet up with those who could make it at a snow covered Fort Casey. It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon. Crazy huh?

 
Hiding in the Greenbank Grocery Store and Deli waiting for the snow to stop.


 
Painting at a snow covered Fort Casey. Can you see the deer in the bottom
left corner? Deer are everywhere at Fort Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment