Monday, September 1, 2014

No. 483 30 in 30 Challenge Day 1

 
 
 
Antique Rose Festival
Oil on Linen Panel
5" x 7"
 
 
Leslie Saeta is at again. Best known for her blog radio show "Artisits Helping Artists", she has reissued the 30 in 30 day challenge. I think this is her third year encouraging artists to produce thirty paintings in thirty days. The number of artists accepting the challenge each time increases dramatically. I understand the September challenge has over 500 artists participating! I first accepted this challenge in January. Why not do it again?
 
The challenge is loosely structured and entirely self policed. A theme is encouraged. So while painting everyday isn't a problem for me, posting to my blog is. So my personal challenge is to catch up on posting paintings. Also, as a theme I would like to work on is clouds. I will probably stray from this theme quite a bit but be ready to see quite a few cloud paintings. :)
 
The painting above is a plein air piece painted at the Antique Rose Festival at the beginning of summer (yes, I'm that far behind). I finished it recently for one of the art festivals I participated in this August.
 
 
 
 
Another rose from the festival. It looks like it has already been painted!



 
 
Hmmm, this photo might become a painting some day.....
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the gentleness of the petals! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Marcela! I do love flowers with lots and lots of petals. They can certainly be a challenge to paint though!

      Delete