Thursday, January 23, 2014

No. 372 The Allium Collection No. 3


The Allium Collection No. 3
Oil on Linen Panel
7" x 5"


Back to those gorgeous onions again. This is one of those set ups that I didn't design but just happened to notice. If I had put the onions right back in the kitchen when I finished the first two painting,s I wouldn't have seen this. (I love it when I can justify being a "casual housekeeper") 

Setting up your own daily painting practice: Step #6 Make a Commitment
This may sound scary but actually is quite magical. We're not talking about a life time commitment here, just for however long you have chosen to do this. Once you've decided that no matter what comes, you are going to do this project, the skies of your mind will clear. No more trying to decide if this is worth it, can I handle it, how will I handle it and on and on and on. Just agree with yourself that you will take one day at a time and do what it takes to get it done. Then you'll find your brain really kicking in to figure out how to make that happen.

2 comments: