Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 35

 
Afternoon in a Very Old Church
Oil on Canvas 5 x 7
Plein Air
 
I took a trip to England this summer to see my sister Renee's
 wedding. Wonderful trip! While I was there I had an
opportunity to sit in a very, very, very old Norman church and
paint. When you live in a place where the oldest buildings
are about two hundred years old and you go to a place where
they are four or five times that much, it's pretty awe inspiring.
This ancient little church now sits in the middle of a sheep
pasture. I sat there all alone painting while the rain pattered against
the windows. It was very peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely story. matches the lovely painting. Merry Christmas!Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Elizabeth! I got your comment. And a very nice comment it is too. :) Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete