Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 29

1st try 4 x 6

2nd try
5 x 7

3rd try
6 x 6
The poinsettia saga continues.... I've posted my last three attempts. A fourth one is on my easel right now. I can't seem to get enough of this silly plant. I've found two things helpful so far. First, I applied thicker strokes of  paint. Second, I changed to an entirely different color of red and used it straight out of the tube for highlights. Napthol Red is the color if you're interested. You've also probably noticed I simplified the composition and changed background colors. I believe they are too complicated a subject to paint in one day with additional elements. So, I like the third one best.
I'm very curious though, which one do you like the best?

2 comments:

  1. I love the rich shades of #1. So, it's my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Marilyn, good to know you're checking it all out. :)

    ReplyDelete