Sunday, March 29, 2015

No. 591 Tulip Mini Plein Air

 
The Poet's Tulip Painting - Mini Plein Air
Oil on Linen Panel
5" x 3"
 
At 9:30 this morning I sat on my couch thinking, "Do I or don't I? Do I or don't I try to paint tulips today?" The website said the tulips were ready (they are very early this year) but the weather looked iffy. As you can see I decided to go. The weather was definitely "iffy" but the tulips were gorgeous.
 
I finished two small plein air paintings and sold both right of the easel. One to a poet who recited one of his lovely poems as a thank you. The other painting was sold to one of the most adorable young families I've ever come across. I would say an excellent days work.
 
 
 
The Young Family's Tulip Painting - Mini Plein Air
Oil on Gessobord
4" x 4"
 
 
If you decide to visit the tulip fields be sure to bring your boots! Tulips and mud are constant companions.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment