Monday, March 16, 2015

No. 585 Zimin Workshop Study #4

 

 
Zimin Workshop Study #4
Oil on Stretched Canvas
12" x 16"
 
I struggled long and hard with this one. I had this lovely textured background which was what I thought it was all about. Then, Mr. Zimin came by and scraped it all off to make the roses stand out more. Okay, maybe thick beautiful texture isn't always what it's about. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.
 
 

 
Zimin Workshop Study #4b
Oil on Gessobord
7" x 5"
 
After making all kinds of mistakes on the first study, I did this small version pretty quickly.
 

 
Okay, here is the master painting his version. It was exquisite.
 
Mr. Zimin doesn't speak fluent English and so had a translator. This made the workshop interesting and a bit challenging. The translator was a lovely lady, eager to help you understand. I couldn't help but feel, though, that I may have missed out on some great information. I will say the language barrier would not keep me from taking the workshop again if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment