Thursday, May 22, 2014

No. 433 More Mini Landscapes

 
 

Padilla Bay Mud Flats
Oil on Linen Panel
3" x 5"
 
 
Gosh, I love painting these plein air minis. They are almost like doing a thumbnail sketch so they aren't intimidating at all. They force me to simplify and because they come together so quickly I have more time to adjust composition, values and colors if needed. It only takes a brush stroke or two! Lastly, I find the long horizontal format works very well for most landscapes.


 
 
 
Lone Tree in Spring Storm
Oil on Linen Panel
3" x 5"
 
 
While out plein air painting last week, I reached into my bag for a mini canvas. To my huge disappointment, I'd discovered they were all gone! This simply wouldn't do. I didn't hesitate to hop on line and order more. I couldn't wait for the perfect coupon. Hopefully, thirty six mini canvases will keep me for awhile....


If you'd like to try your hand at painting on a mini canvas click here for a link to order my favorites. You can also find similar mini panels in most art supply stores.




No comments:

Post a Comment