Monday, May 19, 2014

No. 431 Back to Snohomish

 
 
 
The Kirkley's Historic Home - Plein Air 
Oil on Canvas Panel
8" x 8"
 
One of my all time favorite historic homes in Snohomish. I anxiously await for the azaleas to bloom then I pack up my gear and I'm on my way. Last year the Kirkley's bought the plein air painting I made of their home with a little help of Facebook and my friend Renee. So I actually got to see inside this extremely charming house and meet the wonderful couple that lives there. I love the perks of being an artist!
 
 
 
 
 
The Kirkley's Historic Home Quick Study
Oil on Canvas Panel
6" x 6"
 
This is a quick study of the house painted the day before the larger piece pictured above.
The owner, Joanne, runs a bed and breakfast in the carriage house next to the home. It's only a couple of blocks from 1st street which is full of antique shops and cute boutiques. If you're looking for a fun getaway give Joanne a call. Her number is 360-568-5390 and her website is cadyvillecarriage.com. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment