Sunday, March 6, 2016

No. 705 Sky Lit Hydrangeas and 1st place winner!!!

 
 
Sky Lit Hydrangeas
Oil on Linen Panel
8" x 10"
 
Dennis Perrin typically paints under a skylight with a northern exposure. The only place where I could find a similar situation was in my bathroom. You should've seen the look on my husbands face when he walked in on me painting hydrangeas in our bathroom (oh no! she's taken over ANOTHER room in the house!) It was a bit uncomfortable in there so I'm not sure I'll try it again. I did like the way the painting turned out.
 
On a much more exciting note, my painting Perrin Rose #3 won 1st place in Gallery North's Small Works show!! How supremely cool is that? A huge, huge thank you to the judge Robin Weiss and to Gallery North for this amazing honor.
 
 
Perrin Rose #3
1st Place Winner - Gallery North Small Works Show
 


No comments:

Post a Comment