Thursday, May 7, 2015

No. 614 Big Fancy Double Tulips and My First Day of Class

 
 
Big Fancy Double Tulips
Oil on Linen Panel
7" x 5"

These were some of the biggest, most gorgeous tulips I've ever come across.

The best news of the day is my oil class is up and running! Woo! Hoo!
I couldn't ask for a better group of students. I had a terrific time and I hope they did too. During the month of May we are working on values. Since value is the foundation of a successful painting it seemed like a good place to start...
 
 
 
The front doors to the building Holly's studio is located in.

 
Holly herself working on a value study of a pear. Thanks so much Holly for letting me hold my class in your studio!!!

 
Karen Bakke finessing a value study of three pears.

 
Diana making sure her pear study has plenty of texture.

 
A view across the studio.

 
Nikki, with an impressive collection of brushes and a light touch, working on a pair of pears.
All of the studies turned out great. So do I attribute that to a great teacher or great students? Or maybe both? :))) I huge, huge thanks to all my family and friends for supporting and encouraging me on this new adventure. And most especially a humungous thank you to my new students!
 
I starting something else new. I have many people tell me they would like to leave comments here but for one reason or anther Blogger won't let them. Recently I came across the idea of putting a Facebook link in the blog post so people can post their comments there.  Sounded good to me. Let's give it a try!
 
To comment on Facebook click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment