Thursday, November 6, 2014

No. 517 Autumn Still Life 2

 
 
 
Autumn Still Life 2
Oil on Linen Panel
5" x 7"
Click here to view auction.
 
 
Chinese lanterns are the coolest thing ever. I spotted a large clump of them growing along a fence near our cabin on Mt. Baker. So I made a point of stopping at a local nursery to see if I could get my very own clump. What I found was a small plant in a decorative pot. Between the time I set the plant in my cart and I the time got to the register I had no less than three nursery workers stop and tell me how invasive they are. How sad. I guess it's just one little plant in a pot for me.
 
 

 
Chinese Lanterns - fabulous color and shape. What more could you ask for?

 
Chinese Lanterns growing along a fence. They look harmless enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment