Monday, February 19, 2018

No. 858 Toolbox Meets Pumpkins


Toolbox Meets Pumpkins
Oil on Canvas Panel
5" x 7"

The next benefit from painting outdoors in January is freedom from cabin fever. I had never really noticed how trapped I was feeling until I no longer felt that way. Good clothing really goes along way in this department. Actually I was inspired to do this whole painting outdoors thing by a Norwegian saying, "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes". You may want to argue about this but I felt there had to be something to it. 
So in December, when all the good sales were on, I invested in a NorthFace coat from the garage sale department of REI. I'm telling you right now, it made all the difference!


This mid calf length down coat was secret to my winter outdoor painting success. Sure I looked like a small round abominable snow person but I was warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment