Sunday, January 24, 2016

No. 689 Ornament #3

 
 
Ornament #3
Oil on Gessobord
6" x 6"
 
 
The last and my favorite ornament painting of this season. Teaching classes in downtown Snohomish has it's advantages and disadvantages. The street the art studio is located on is full of antique shops and boutiques with lots and lots and lots of prop collecting opportunities. If I'm not careful it's easy to spend what I just made teaching! On the other hand I've found some pretty cool props. This antique Christmas ornament is one of them.
 
I spent the weekend learning how to make Youtube videos with my iPhone. Crazy right? I made my first art instructional video today. It's very rough. I certainly need practice but you're welcome to check it out if you like. It's about 8 minutes long...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment