Monday, March 2, 2015

No. 579 Yakima River Canyon

 
 
Yakima River Canyon - Plein Air
Oil on Linen
5" x 7"
 
On my way home from Pasco I stopped to do a winter plein air. It was a good way to break up a four hour drive. I tried to use some of the concepts from the cool light/warm light workshop I took recently to add some extra color to a largely grey landscape. Below is a photo of the location I painted. I prefer the composition of the photo but the color of the painting.
 
 
 
I went to Pasco to attend the memorial service of my uncle. An extremely colorful fellow was my uncle. He had very strong opinions, a huge gun collection, an even larger arrowhead collection, taught rifle safety, loved to fish, collect antiques and sing in the church choir. He was married five times, twice to the same lady.  I'll always remember his loud, warm greeting, "Hello, Susie!"
 Rest in peace, Uncle Clare.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment