Monday, March 10, 2014

No. 396 Fabulous Fortuny #1


Fabulous Fortuny #1
Oil on Gessobord
7" x 5"

A little over a month ago my friend Renee invited me to a talk on Fortuny at the Bellevue Art Museum . This talk was in conjunction with an exhibit of  Isabelle de Borchgrave's work inspired by Mariano Fortuny's fashion designs and textiles. It was a beautiful exhibit, an interesting talk and all in all very inspiring. 

Elizabeth had been encouraging me to incorporate fabric patterns into my still life for quite awhile. These gorgeous fabrics seemed to be just the ticket. Fortuny fabric is made in Venice with a top secret process. In other words, it doesn't come cheap and isn't sold to the general public. So how to get some? Thank you Ebay!  I now own a 8 1/2" x 11" swatch of Fortuny fabric.

The only problem now is finding still life props elegant enough to hold their own next to the Fortuny... 

No comments:

Post a Comment